Tuesday 30 March 2010

Seymore's sick day

Morning all , well at least it appears to have stopped raining at the mo and the wind has dropped but really who cares about the weather as we can't control it so we just have to get on and never mind the weather eh?

I decided I would challenge myself as yesturday tea time well just before tea as I still had that to cook I found a blog hop with a challenge over at Critter challenges and there is a massive 6 chances of winning some candy providing you comment on each dt's blog and enter a card.The thing is you only had till 10am est to complete it all. I have just popped by and apparently mr Blogger was being daft so they have extended the deadline to tomorrow 31st at 10am, so now you can join in too.

I decided to use one of my mother's day stamps that hubby doesn't realise he paid for and make a get well card for my store for a man. It seems I've never got any of these ready when I need one , that and wedding cards so I am going to remedy that over the next few weeks so please bear with me. It's not that I'm suddenly obsessed with illness and marriage.

Seymore has a bad case of feeling totally sorry for himself as he has a bit of a spotty crisis going on, and I thought this would make a fab mans card, well they are so sorry for themselves when poorly aren't they?
The Critters challenge you also have a fab sketch to follow and have to use some jewels on your card or project, I hope my pearl tablets count as jewels too, otherwise I only have one. I drew lines with white sakura pen across my flat backed pearls to try and make them look like paracetamols or similar and I think it worked quite well(excuse the wet glue please). I rotated the image but I think it could become a favourite as it looks good anyway around.

High hopes have a similar challenge theme , well sort of. They would like to see gems or pearls too so as I used one of my new high hopes stamps I guess I can join in their challenge too.

Finally I am entering this card over at cards for men. Their theme challenge is to make a card with humour, and I think my pills and sentiment give my card some humour , thiugh I don't know if a sick man would?What do you think?

7 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Great card Julye. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card, love that image. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck with the Challenge. Hugs Shirleyxxx

Kathryn B said...

Great card Julye! I love that little guy! Greeat job on the sketch and good luck!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Love your card Julye and Seymore looks fabulous! Thanks for playing, Hugs, Nikki x

marsha said...

Great card and great image!

Hugs,
Marsha

issy said...

Super fun card Julye. Just the thing if you have chicken pox. I love it. Thank you for playing along with CFM

x
issy

Patricia St Martin said...

really cute card. poor little guy he is soo sick... thanks for playing along with cards for men.