Sunday 2 May 2010

All Green girl

Good morning all and haven't we got wonderful bank holiday weather as usual and how the temperature has plumeted too. I decided this morning I would have a go at a sugar nellie challenge only to find they have another sugar nellie challenge on splitcoast stampers too. Now I have a dilema, sugar nellie challenges has a rule of no combining, so in this case that mean it includes its own challenges and I have to do two cards or projects one for each challenge or no combining with other blog challenges?

I am still not sure which to decide is the correct interpretation of the rule, please let me know what you think.

My card I made using the sugar bowl sketch turned 90 degrees, hope I got all the layers right there seemed so many. The sugar bowl also have an extra of using punches. The colour scheme is for the sugar nellie splitcoast challenge of monochrome, hope they let me off with my skin tones , green hair was one thing but i couldn't get this sweetie to look right with a green tinge to her skin, she just looked so ill.

I keep trying to use up all my scraps of paper and thats why the pieces of layers are odd sizes, green in another sense trying to use all my resources. The inspiration for using green was my staring at my garden  this morning, there are just so many shades of green and it looks so fresh with all the plants bursting into life, how could I use any other colour?

I used a green pearlised card base, scraps from my scraps file for the layers, ribbon from my stash, the leaf is off a silk flower stem I bought I think its a delphinium and the sentiment is whimsy embossed in moonglow obsidian emerald powder.

1 comment:

Lilian said...

I had to smile when I read your post... green skin yeah that would be weird but fun ;) I think you can combine these 2 challenges wince they are both Sugar Nellies :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!