Wednesday 17 November 2010

Clean and simple

For this card I decided to experiment a bit, I do love the clean and simple style  and it really is my comfort zone though I do try hard to use flowers and other embellishments though in my eyes not always successfully, but I guess you are always your own worst critic aren't you?

I decided on the image I wanted to use and colouresd with sakura glaze pens and promarkers. I used one of the fab images from the autumn collection from sugar nellie at funky kits. I love it just that little bit more as I had been eyeing it up for ages and then it was reduced(and still is) so I grabbed it at a bargin price, which always make it special.

I used a fiskars embossing plate to emboss the snowflakes on the plain white card base. Following the layout from friday sketches I used ribbon from my stash to complete the layout. I added one of my new sentiment stamps from LOTV which thankfully arrived today , just in time for me to enter a few challenges. I used the 'from our house to yours' as it's a card mum asked for to send to a family. Mum is the only person who commissions cards from me and they are usually for friends and family so it makes it easier knowing who they are for and she rarely asks for something specific and just leaves it up to me.

I decided that though I know she will want to pay for all the cards she has asked me to do this christmas, I've decided that as she has helped me so much coming over daily to help my son get all his equipment, wheelchair, walking frame etc out of the taxi and into home plus helping me clean up when hubby hasn't got around to it and it's driving me nuts(roll on weeks till I can do more post hysterectomy) 12 weeks seems so long till I can start to lift heavy things she will be getting all her cards free this year. A small price to pay even though she insists it's what mums are for and I really want to show her my appreciation in any way I can.

(I've added 2 pics I know they are both the same , well nearly but I couldn't get the lighting right to show the embossing , rubbish daylight and the flash just caused glare but hope from the 2 you get the idea and can see a bit of the embossing.)


Hope she likes what I've made.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges, some I know will be close to deadline but hopefully I've not missed too many of those I had in mind.

LOTV -anything goes
Friday Sketches-layout flipped vertically and horizontally too.
Totally gorjuss-traditional christmas
Creative inspirations challenges-anything wintery or christmas
Paper pretties-embossing, I used dry and heat
Really reasonable ribbons-christmas
Scrappy frogs-christmas card
Ooh la la -rudolf, no red nose though
Scrap creations-song inspired, well he hasn't got a red nose but hope you can tell which song)
Stamping with the dragon-inspired by a holiday song

15 comments:

Wendi said...

Wow what an absolutely beautiful card Gorgeous image and colouring
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Cor* said...

Way to go with the CAS style. On the contrary it is NOT my comfort zone! Love your embossing and great coloring. Thanks for sharing your Wintery/Christmassy chilly whilly creation at the Creative Inspirations challenge this fortnight!! Good luck.

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful, a lovely image. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week!
Clairexx

Mary C said...

This card is beautiful. I love all the sparkle from the pens. I too couldn't resist this cute stamp. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.

Hugs,
Beth

downrightcrafty said...

Wow fabulous image and presentation of and a perfect choice of holiday song, thank you for sharing with us at Stampin with the Dragon and hope you will join us again for the next challenge too
Hugs Kate x

Kat said...

This is beautiful. I love that sweet image and all that white is very effective. I'm sure your Mum will be delighted with it. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful card, love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us over SWTD. x

dragonllew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card love the embossing thanks for joining us at Stampin with the Dragon.
Jenny x

Bonnie Garby said...

Great Christmas card! I love the image that you used. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Basement Stamper said...

That's great your Mum is there to help you out. Fabulous card, love the embossing and shininess to it. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations.

Peggy said...

This is one of my favorite winter stamps. Your card looks great! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Unknown said...

Hiya Julye,
Great card hun, lovely colouring. Thank you for joining our Rudolph challenge at Ooh La La this time.
Hugs
Dawn x

sammi said...

Very pretty! I love how you incorporated embossing and scoring into your design. Thanks for sharing your creation with us in our big Christmas challenge at Stamping With The Dragon.