Monday 7 March 2011

Card for my nephew

Wow I can't believe how time disappears or that it's nearly a week since I posted anything, naughty me. Without further ado best get on with it before it's time my son arrives home from school, this is a card I've made for my nephews birthday, he is just 6 weeks older than my son so a wonderful in between age for cards and as I don't see him that often and when I do am lucky to get a word out of him I have no real idea what he's into, and I've got to make another card for him from my son, going to let him choose the image for that one though.

I used a Kenny K image that was a freebie a while ago but as most teens seem to have an ipod or similar permanently attached to them I am trusting to luck it will be an ok card for my nephew.
I stuck to blues and red colours which were of course my Promarkers and sakura for the ipod thingy. The papers and card layers were all from my scraps folder and all on a blue base square card. The sentiment is a peel off I added onto a tag I made and all finished off with a couple of jewel stars that I have no idea where they came from sorry.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Allsorts -for a teenager, my nephew will be 17
Little miss muffet-designer papers
Creative craft world-for a male
truely scrumptious-layout
ABCDesigns-happy birthday
Craft your passion-anything goes
Ooh la la-it's a man thing
The creative cottage-tag you're it
A spoonful of sugar-tags


13 comments:

Vicky said...

Fabulous card sweetie I'm sure your nephew will love it & the colours are fab....actually they are my youngest son's 2 fave colours lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at ABC!

Heidi said...

Cute card, thanks for joining the ABC Toys and Crafts challenge for birthdays!

DesigNeAl said...

Great card, your nephew will be delighted! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La with your beautiful creation. We hope to see you again soon x

Mandi said...

Great lad card
Thanks for joining us at Creative Cottage
mandi x

Lori said...

Your nephew will love this card, super cute. Thanks for joining us at ABC Toy and Crafts Birthday Challenge. Be sure to add our blinkie to your page, and maybe win even more.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Dropping by and making my rounds at all the wonderful creations! Thanks for playing along in "Designer Paper" challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :D

Anne said...

I'm sure your nephew will be delighted with this little beauty. Thanks for linking up with us at OLL. Hugs x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card for a teenager!!
Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Shatam said...

Very nice card. Thanks for playing with us on CYP (Craft Your Passion.

Fleur said...

A great card, perfect for a teenager.
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made for your nephew. I too love the Kenny K images. Thanks for taking part in Ooh La La Creations Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Guest Designer for March/April for the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog xxx

Choccy said...

A gorgeous card for your Nephew. I am sure it will be appreciated.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our Card for a male challenge.
Choccy xx