Sunday 10 April 2011

Ooo baby baby !

Happy Sunday to one and all hope you are all having a super weekend and that the sun is shining down on you all.

Sunday again brings a new challenge from One Stitch At A Time! There was some wonderful and totally inspiring 3D projects last week glad I don't have to choose a winner.

Another fab challenge this time and again a super sponsor, this time you can win 5 digi's from  the stamping boutique go check out what they have in store and if you aren't the lucky winner you could treat yourself instead of a choccy egg, just a thought.

Our theme this time is chosen by Shell and she asked if we could have new baby projects, so loads of scope there, from welcome cards for baby to knitting and sewing all sorts , I'm sure there will be lots of ideas popping into your heads as you read this, can't wait to see what you come up with.

For my card I used Stitchy's Bunny Flop which you can find here.  I'm not sure but there was 60% off Bunny Flop last time I checked though that was on Wednesday but you might still get a bargain if you're lucky.

I just thought it was so cute and can't believe how versatile it is too. My son saw my card and asked if I could make a similar one for a friend at school who was 18 a girl I might add, I think he's learning that girls like cute things as a couple of weeks ago he asked for another card with a cute animal on and liked it when the girl, yes another friend who's female opened her 18th birthday card from him and not only did she go Ahhh! but so did the 3 other girls sat with her.

Well my baby card I decided to go with white on white, I so love this look but am getting desperate for some more white papers so if anyone has any suggestions please drop me a comment and point me in the direction ta.

I embossed the base white card using a fiskars mat I think the pattern is just called flowers.I coloured Bunny flop with Promarkers using greys and pink for his ear insides and feet pads, all soft and delicate just like a new baby.I cut a circle in some glittered tissue gift wrap to sit him on and added white stain ribbon from my stash along with a white daisy and a satin white rose.
I tied a bow again in white satin and finished with a peel off sentiment mounted on some mulberry paper that I frayed using water. I say it's a him bunny but as its wow and just a congratulations sentiment I can use it for either a boy or a girl , see there was method in my madness.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Alphabet challenge-W for white with one other colour
CES-monochromatic
Totally gorjuss-fluffy
Sundays with Crissy-spring or babies
Scrap creations-pick 3, ribbons , flowers and glitter
Papertake weekly-anything goes, optional new
A spoonful of sugar-tons of texture
Paperplay-critters galore
Craft-animals and pets

 

Right now you all have your crafting planned for the rest of the afternoon , can't wait to see what you all come up with. Thanks for popping by
Julye

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow sooo cute and a great take on our challenge this week over at CRAFT.

Kerry x

stitchy said...

Julye, he is just adorable and the girls love it haha, what a cute story about your son :)...I love the white on white and that feather under the word is awesome..great touch :)..thank you hun for sharing your talent with me (and your son haha)...

stitchy
xoxox

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, love the bunnie he looks fab!!

Thank you for joining us at CES this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Wenda said...

It's so sweet your card I really love it.

Hugs Wenda

Nikki Byrne said...

I just Loooove this, it is sooooocute and adorable. Nikki

Marjo said...

Awesome card Julye! I want to cuddle him, he looks so adorable and squishy...lol

Bunches of Hugs, Marjo

Deb said...

absolutely precious, lovin the bunny
Debs
xxx

Muckyfingers said...

Pretty card :)
Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week
Annette xXx

Josephine said...

So cute! I love all the white space - it really makes that cute little rabbit stand out!

sparklingblackrose said...

Really Cute! Elaine-xxx-

Sarah said...

So cute! I love that bunny!
Hugs
Sarah

Choccy said...

Aww such a sweet card, Julye.

Choccy xx

Mandy said...

Hey hun, your card is so cute and gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our critters galore challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Bettina L. said...

Great take on this weeks challenge at TG:) Bettina

stampingmarianne said...

Your card is so cute!
The beautiful colored image does it!
Very stylish card!
Have a good weekend,
Marianne (OSAAT)

Pop's Cards said...

This is very pretty sweetie, thank you for joining in our challenge at "Sunday's with Crissy" big hugs pops x x