Tuesday 7 June 2011

Hooray we have internet back at last! and my OSAAT DT card.

I cannot believe it has taken almost a week for our internet connection to be repaired, and a 1000 appologies to my 3 the design teams and to all the challenge entries I have been unable to visit and comment on who enetred OSAAT, Creative craft challenges and Penny.
My internet link dropped last tueday morning at 8:24  the exact time I was told by Plusnet not that I knew I would have said around 25 past. I did all the usual things to no avail and then contacted plusnet. What a performance and they lack certain qualities especially in communication and customer care, I only seemed to find out what was going on if I rang them despite being told they would ring me and keep me up to date but eventually and miraculously when I rang yesturday late afternoon they were just doing a final check and I was back on line, then came the fight for the computer and as I had dinner to prepare I lost out, but now I'm back.


Now appologies made for this being so late but at leastI had my card all set to go for sunday so better late than never, OSAAT has a theme of graduation/schools out. Now I know here in the UK we have a way to go before this happens and I guess by the time our schools are out for summer and graduations start the US kids will be on there way back to school, wonder which kids get the best summer? I suppose the schools downunder  will be thinking more about summer break when we are thinking Christmas too.Anyway another fab prize too 5 Promarkers are on offer from


and don't forget to check out the Papercraft essentials mag on sale June 9th for Stitchy's fab add too.

We have some stunning inspiration for you all over on the challenge blog here so please do go check it out and play along and don't forget to put a #3 after your name if you use a stitchy image as you will be eligible for the top 3.

Right onto my card I got to play with Floppy Latte's fab grad cap and diploma which you can find here. Have to say I wasn't sure what colours to use, I know different degrees have different coloured gowns but as I don't know what they are I decided to use my sons schools colours, not that our schools have a graduation but hey ho.

I printed the image so it was full card width and made a DL size card,and for added interest I cut around the mitre, really easy and I hope you agree effective too.

Thanks for popping by and again apologies but there wasn't much I could do despite my son thinking otherwise.

My card :-


I would like to enter into the following challenges:-

Craft your passion- anything goes
fab n funky- whateva'
for fun challenges-end of school
sassy studio designs-no patterned papers
MAWTT-no designer papers
stamp something-use a digi


11 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Glad ya got ya internet bak hun, its horrible .....ours went down for about 6 hours & I felt so lost it was awful!!
Fab card perfect for anyone graduation!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & MAWTT, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Linda Wescott said...

Absolutely fabulous card, and love the over the edge cut. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's teen celebration challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

Jenn (Triple J Designs) said...

What a great graduation card. Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for "Anything Goes"!
~Jenn~

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A perfect Graduation card Julye, and a fab. image.

Pleased your 'puter is up and running - you must be very happy to have it back.

Thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge again - come back soon, hugs, Sylvia x

Pami said...

Hi Julye, you poor thing losing your internet for so long, I would have been going mad!! Your card is great and perfect for a graduation. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Kathy said...

Great graduation card. Love the way the hat extends over the edge of the card. Thanks for playing along with us at SSD this week.

Natasha said...

awesome card! i don't know what i would do without internet. the people in my house would probably go insane. thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Natasha

Sara said...

So cool! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Renee said...

Your card is awesome, as usual, Julye...

Marjo said...

She's back...lol Glad you are back! Awesome card.

xoxo Marjo

sparklingblackrose said...

Great card :-) glad you are back! Elaine-xxx-