Monday 26 May 2014

Happy birthday Princess

I made this birthday card for my niece, its meant as a tongue in cheek joke and it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up in the bin. I should explain further my niece I managed to upset on face book a while ago by suggesting that instead of her boyfriend who she lives with taking her out after he finished work she ought to cook him a meal as the meal she was suggesting wasn't that hard and then she could do the washing up. She took the huff after a tit for tat conversation that other family members were reading and thought was funny by telling me I didn't know her at all and I should stop being childish before she un-friended me, which made everyone laugh as it was a very childish response, she later told her Dad I'd been picking on her. Hence the card. The image is from LOTV and coloured with promarkers.
The sentiment is hand written with sakura gel pen and is meant to be sarcastic, I had seen this image used with a sentiment I loved 'you can't ground me I'm a princess', I couldn't find this anywhere and considering my niece is in her 20's I didn't think it appropriate.


I added a gem to the tiara and added some sparkle with sakura gel pens on the skirt of the image and the gift. I matted the image onto purple mirri-card and then onto a cream base card. Simple but as I expected it to go in the bin I didn't want to spend too much time on it. Needless to say I got a thank you via Facebook for my card but I'm still not my nieces friend on Facebook but I can live with that lol.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

QKR-C + S
OSAAT-anything goes
The corrosive chalenge-anything goes
Brown sugar-anything goes
 Sweet stampin' - Sparkle and shine
Sweet stamps.com - anything goes
Allsorts- happy birthday



17 comments:

Planetsusie said...

Oooh Julye - you naughty lady! Mind you I did smile at your story as it's the sort of thing I would do too! LOL. Love the image on here, they are some of my favourites I must say.

Thank you for entering the OSAAT challenge this week, lots of luck!

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a Sweet design, love the image with the boots and crown. Thank you for joining us in our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com

ahlers5 said...

Funny image..very cute card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at QKR Stampede.

ahlers5 said...

Funny image..very cute card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at QKR Stampede.

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh dear, facebook has a lot to answer for!! I'm so glad your niece liked her lovely card, and thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance, Mel. xxx

Chris said...

Ooooh, a princess with attitude! fab card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Wendy L said...

It is a lovely card and I love the image, thanks for playing at Allsorts, xxx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Very sweet image. Thanks for joining us at LOC. Pennyrae DT

Mummylade said...

What a great project! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and participating in our fifth anniversary challenge!

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, such a fun image & beautifully colored, and I love your story too. Thanks for joining us this week for our "CAS Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

mixamatoasties said...

One of my favourite images! Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Bonnie Irvine said...

Love the pop of purple and the sparkle you have added to this sweet image. Thanks for playing along with our Frame It challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

Christine Harrop said...

I've always loved this image and your story made it even more special. Hope your niece doesn't read your blog .... lol! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Christine xx DT

CG said...

LOL you might get in trouble for this, but it's too funny! You know us princesses! Lovely card, great coloring. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

Debora said...

Fabulous! Such a fun image too! Thanks for playing along on our 200th blog challenge at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Good luck! Hugs!

maureenjscott said...

A Fabulous Project! Thank you for joining our Girly challenge at Left of Center, I hope you will join us At The Movies this fortnight! Mo dt coordinator xxx