Tuesday 29 September 2015

Coals to Newcastle

Well that's a bit how it felt when mum asked me to make a Halloween card to send to their friends in the USA.  I know we celebrate Halloween here in the UK but its not quite as big or well celebrated as in the USA, after being there on holiday one year at Halloween the UK celebrates Halloween like well compare say a pine branch to a Christmas tree and you have us the UK (pine branch) and the USA (Christmas tree). Now you see why I feel coals to Newcastle hope my card is up to scratch.


The card base is white and I added a layer of black paper with patterned circles on it ,I think it was a magazine freebie but as it was in my scraps folder I'm only guessing. The spiders web is the next layer , I used a Fiskars embossing board and white copy paper to dry emboss the web. I then cut out the gaps between the web using a craft knife and then added glitter for a bit of extra sparkle (only cos we had a heavy mist and I saw a cobweb outside covered in shimmering drops of mist).

The we witch was a freebie from a stamp swap many moons ago , the names and brands of stamps sent were suppose to be written on the backs of each but this one didn't have that information and try as I might I haven't found her as yet so sorry again.

The pumpkin is a stamp I got from Hobbycraft one of the first I bought when my son was in primary school and wanted to make some Halloween cards for friends. I coloured them as I did the witch with promarkers.


The sentiment is handwritten ,the card edged with promarker and another early primary school Halloween stamp spider added for extra fun.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Sugarpea designs - colour challenge

IDIC  - rectangle or square cards

Come and get it -clear it out

Glitter n sparkle -add lots of glitter or a charm

The pencil case - creepy or autumn colours

4 crafty chicks - sparkle/shine



one sweet challenge - halloween or purple,black,green and orange




6 comments:

Judy V said...

Great cute & fun card! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Tracey C - Unicorncrafter said...

Great creation and thanks for joining in the Glitter n sparkle challenge blog this week, Good Luck
Hugs Tracey C - DT

N-Eva said...

Lovely card and sentiment is very nice. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us a Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Camille Short said...

Beautiful card - love it! Glad you were able to join us at Get Creative Challenges.

Camille - Design Team

Eve's Been Reading said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining in the fun with at The Pencil Cases Colouring Challenge and our theme of 'Creepy/Autumn Colours'. So sorry I'm late commenting on your entry! Yvonne (DT)