Saturday 19 September 2015

fairy magic

I decided after seeing so many clean and simple cards around and after being really pleased with my back to school card that I made in a similar style ( here) I'd have a go with a girly card .



The sentiment is one I had made ages ago when I found somewhere that made acrylic stamps to your design but as all the info for the place is on my other profile that is still lost then I unfortunately don't know the details to share or reuse but I'm sure it will be on the internet somewhere.


The image is lily of the valley, I just think she is so cute and explains why my garden has so many dandelions in the lawns.

I used promarkers that I scribbled with on an acrylic block and then used a water pen to pick up colour and paint the image. It meant I could use quite strong colours and achieve a soft pastel colours effect and that the colours don't show through the card on the inside. Being a fairy there had to be sparkle and for that I used a sakura glitter pen on all the dandelion clocks , her hair band and of course her wings. 

When both are stamped on a white base card the card is finished. I did keep looking at it wondering if I should add something more but resisted , the only thing I might changed if I was to remake the card would be to use a different colour for the sentiment though I'm not sure what but think it might look better in softer hues.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Unicorn challenges - myth and magical

card mania - pastel colours

crafting with dragonflies- something magical

Kraftin kimme koffee krop - one sentiment,one image,one layer

Simon says Monday challenege - use favourite technique (mine is stamping and colouring)

artistic inspirations - anything goes twist of magic

crafty sentiments - anything with a sentiment

julia spiri - anything goes with a twist of girls ,girls,girls

Craft - bling


Wags and whiskers - glitter and sparkle


8 comments:

Lisa J said...

I love CAS Style cards and this is fab! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

happyglitzygirl said...

Love this stamp, and you used it perfectly, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Nikki said...

Lovely card with a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy.

Nikki

E said...

Such a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps!!

Susan Hogan said...

Too cute! Great colouring and the CAS style works well with sentiment and image. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the cute image and sentiment--Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Thanks for joining us at Stamps by Julia Spiri, good luck xx

Crafty Pearly said...

Simply adorable. I love love love this. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx