Monday 14 September 2015

We all need a special friend

I so love this image from LOTV , wrong kind of dog, but sums up my brother and his 4 legged canine friends from as far back as I can remember, our dogs and now his dogs have always been his faithful companions and friends. Growing up we had German shepherds,a poodle, and Heinz 57 breeds but not all at the same time and each and everyone was truly loved . My brother carried on with his dogs and he too has had his share of Heinz 57's and German shepherds too and all equally loved and when they leave for heaven take pieces of him with them but leave a little bit of themselves in his heart.

My brother has a birthday coming up and I thought this would be perfect. I coloured with promarkers and kept to a simple colour palette of blues and browns.


The papers are from my scrap folders and so am not sure who they are designed by(sorry). I mounted the image and the strips on scraps of pearlised blue paper so they have a bit of shine but not blingy as that wouldn't go down well with my brother.

The sentiment is cut using a Britannia word set from brown wrapping paper as I thought Kraft would work well only to discover I didn't have any Kraft paper so improvisation struck, well I guess its Kraft paper of a sort. 

The buttons are also cut from the same paper with my new favourite die which is by X-cut from docrafts and at £2-50 from the range I thought it was a bargain. Well that was my excuse and rationalisation for buying them anyway.I also used a corner pinch on the base card and image.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

As you like it - favourite die and why(my newest and the buttons are just super cute perfect for buttons to match whatever I make.

Hanna and friends - cute animal/person and kraft paper

left of centre -dies/punches


crafty friends - B is for (buttons,blue,bench,brother)

Allsorts - buttons

simply papercraft - anything goes

613 Ave create - anything goes/love me do




9 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love the fabulous buttons die. Thanks for joining in the fun at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for entering Crafty Friends ‘B is for…’ challenge with your lovely card, such a sweet image… hope you can join us again and good luck xx

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for entering Crafty Friends ‘B is for…’ challenge with your lovely card, such a sweet image… hope you can join us again and good luck xx

Sarah said...

A great card and super button dies, must add to my wish list!! Thanks for sharing at AYLI and Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

pst said...

Lovely card, this is one of my favorite LOTV images and you colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

Kathy S said...

A Boy and his pup - what could be more sweet. I too like to use dies for my buttons so I can keep my card easy to send in the mail. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Good Luck.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card,perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Button' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Deborah said...

Stunning card! Love the sweet stamp!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!