Friday 25 March 2016

Honey blending

An experiment for me and definitely out of my comfort zone. I am trying to combine my stamps and new love affair with dies. The dies are from Memory box and I love these Itty bitty bees and the honeycomb too.                                                                                 I have been seeing a lot in blog land about distress inks and though I don't have any I have some dye based inks that have almost dried up but tried blending them (never realised it was so messy) to age the card. I added some sheen using some blending gold chalk that I have had for ages ,it was a magazine freebie and I never got around to using it.
I used a brown promarker to add depth to the honeycomb by drawing around 3 sides of the hexagons. 

I completed the front of the card  by stamping a Graphicus stamp (again neglected for some time) in cocoa memento ink and used burgundy promarker to water colour the petals.                                                                 The background to the honeycomb I used sleigh bells promarker on another piece of card and again used the gold blending chalk to add a sheen.

I wanted more depth so used thick sticky tape to allow for a gap between the two layers before adding to a white base card.                                                                  The finishing touches a hand tied bow and burgundy ribbon and two Itty bitty bees.

Again no sentiment as yet and although I thought it was just a pretty card my son says its a nice man's card even with the bow that adds to it.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-


RRR - welcome spring


The ribbon girl -any image

IDIC -square or rectangle cards

Craft your passion - always anything goes

crafting from the heart- anything goes

lemon shortbread - anything goes

Aurora wings - anything goes


7 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card, I love the honeycomb and bees. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is just beautiful.Thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

Angie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenge.
I can’t wait to see what you create for our next Challenge.
Angie DT
Craft Your Passion Challenge

LauraEva said...

wow---very cool! Such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great use of this die, and the color palette is perfect. We have some fat bumblebees waking up from their winter nap here in NC. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon "Welcome Spring" Challenge!

DonnaMundinger said...

This is beautiful, Julye! Your soft stamping almost looks like a part of the DP and I love the dimension with the honeycomb affect. Sweet little bees, too and the fabulous bow tops it all off. Thanks so much for joining our 2nd Anniversary ATG challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow!!! It's beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper