Friday 18 March 2016

Springtime blossom

Another of my new toys this one from poppy-stamps. I was inspired by the tree I can see from my craft room window, and although we have had some miserable days Spring must be here as the tree is in full blossom,and I found some frog spawn in our garden pond too so there's hope I guess.



I die cut the tree in white card and decided I would try something with the negatives first. I used the frame to ensure placement and stuck the negatives in place before removing the die cut pieces on a piece of kraft card.

I randomly dabbed diamond glaze onto the branches and sprinkled with pale pink seed beads.

Once the beads had dried I mounted onto a jade green card overlaying on a piece of twine ribbon and finished with a Britannia die cut happy birthday in gold mirri-card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Quirky crafts - masculine with ribbon or twine


TTCRD-anything goes

Stempelmagic - Spring

Fantastic Tuesday - anything goes twist of spring is in the air


Penny's -anything goes

The Paper Shelter - Birthday boy

Poppy stamps - Spring

Star in my pocket - think Spring

MAWTT - in the garden

Seize the birthday- the great divide








8 comments:

Wendy L said...

Lovely designed card,thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Pretty card and love the splash of gold. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

pam said...

Wonderful card design Julye!
Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Pat said...

Lovely card, Julye. Thank you for sharing with us at Quirky Crafts challenges this month.

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking card. Lovely image. Thanks for joining us over at TPS this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the Stempel-Magie.
x Daniela (DT)

Jeanne J. said...

So lovely how you added the flowers and foliage to the tree. It looks magical!