Friday 28 October 2016

underwater crowning glory

I love aurora wings images, I'm not really into digital stamps but when I won some of these I just fell in love with Mitzi's images, have to say she can really draw faces which sadly many digital images seem to fail at doing,in my opinion anyway. I coloured this sea princess with promarkers and added some liquid pearls to her crown for a little added dimension and because it just felt they should be there.
I love how her hair just seems to be flowing in the water. I filled my area with colour and rounded the corners for a softer look.

I wanted to keep the image as the focus of my card so decided on a white square base card and instead of backing paper I decided to use some diecut flourishes for my backing of the image.

I cut them in some metallic card I have had for ages it has like an iridescent blue gold sheen and always reminds me of tropical seas well how I dream they would look never having been anywhere tropical. I added them to form a frame and randomly stuck some water drops to represent bubbles.

I know its not the best photo in the world but I guess you get the idea .

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

Aurora wings - anything goes

crafty catz anything goes with a twist of use dies or punches

Polkadoodle -anything goes

daring card makers- sparkle and shine

cardz 4 galz - fairytale /fantasy

crafting with an attitude - always anything goes

crafty girls creations - always anything goes

perfectly created chaos - anything goes



11 comments:

Kathy said...

Lovely! I do like a die-cut flourish!!!! That metallic card looks beautiful and perfect with this 'watery' theme.
Rhanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' "Sparkle and Shine" challenge this week

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Gorgeous card, Julye! Love how you embellished the mermaid's headdress with liquid pearls - she looks wonderful! The swirly die cuts in the background create a beautifully abstract, yet recognizable, watery effect, which I love. The turquoise and aqua look beautiful in contrast to the orange in the starfish. Thank you for joining our ATG challenge at Aurora Wings, and thank you for your kind words on my digis! Mitzi xxx

Dori Shelton said...

Stunning! The coloring is exquisite! Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Created Chaos challenge. I hope to see you again soon!

Dawn said...

Beautiful. The die cut flourishes are perfect especially in the metallic blue. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Mari said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

cotnob said...

This is a pretty card, such a beautiful image.
Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles.
Pauline
x

DonnaMundinger said...

Absolutely beautiful, Julye! Love your coloring with the added pearl drops and those iridescent swirls behind her are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining our ATG Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Lovely card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Crafty Catz this week!
Hugs Donna (DT Member)
xx

Laila said...

amazing creation! She looks amazing, and those liquid pearls really adds the finishing touch!
Love those swirlies too btw!

Thanks for joining Aurora Wings,
hugs from DT-Laila

Julie B said...

Love those swirls in the background, just perfect.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Galz

Cazro said...

A beautiful image, great colouring, super background. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.