Monday 27 March 2017

A 21st card for a male

I haven't been making many cards over the last year and those I have made and photographed I haven't got around to publishing many of due to life getting in the way but I have newly decorated my craft room and hopefully will get my mojo  and craft head back in gear.
I had a 21st birthday card to make and needed a little inspiration and loved the ribbon card Jean on the memory box design team made so decided to use that as my inspiration so thanks Jean. 

I am still learning when it comes to using my dies but love their clean look especially when used with white card and decided on this delicate fern die from memory box for this card. I used a white square base card and taking the ribbon inspiration created a base for the fern using a selection of green ribbons, real not die cuts even thought I love the effect Jean created I don't have any ribbon dies.

I added a peel off 21 in gold to one corner and a 'happy birthday'die but from Britannia dies cut in gold to the other corner. Clean and simple and no colouring either but I am very happy with the result.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;-

Kitty Bee -Spring cleaning (use something you've not used for a long time
(my craft room ))

Simon says- use more than 1 die

Memory box -ribbons

Penny's -anything goes

southern girls -use a die cut

4 crafty chicks-dies/punches

poppypower - lets go green

Simply create too -lots of green

AAA- die cuts as main focus 

A gem of a challenge -birthday boys

4 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fabulous design and such a clever way to use those ribbons that we all seem to collect! Love the leafy die-cut on top and thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards this week. Sarah x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card thanks for playing at agoac. I have some candy on offer

Teresa Kline said...

hello! this is a FAB cas card, luv the leaf and ribbons..great texture! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Angela said...

Your card looks really fantastic, a great idea.
Thanks a lot for joining us at our lot’s of green challenge by Simply Create Too Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT