Tuesday 13 June 2017

Bold and bright summer birthday

I love bright colours so summer is my favourite season ,well actually I love each season for different reasons but I'm a sunshine girl so when we get them fleetingly in the UK usually a hot summers day is my ideal. In my ideal world everyday would be warm and sunny and we could have rain after 10 pm and all done by  5 am that way everything would be perfect well I can dream.

I tend to have more male cards to make in my family though the first couple of weeks in august are girly birthdays which I often struggle a bit with but hey ho, so male birthdays are my comfort zone  and normally I find if I talk to my hubby that guys tend to prefer dull drab subdued colours , like most men would choose to wear grungy colours. I know in summer they throw that out the window and if on holiday go nuts and wear things they wouldn't normally be seen dead in , I love people watching when on vacation especially men's fashion, sorry I digress. My son is a little different in his colour choices as he is partially colour blind and can only see the red end of the spectrum. Anyway I decided to use some bright summer colours for my birthday card and as the guy in question will be on vacation for his birthday I think it will be perfect.


It was quick and easy to make once I had decided what to do, I used a poppy stamps die ,love this its so versatile, actually I had used the out cuts on two of my fathers day cards and have saved the others for later use. I cut it in white card and pushed out the letters to leave blank spaces. I then used a selection of promarkers and simply coloured in bands across the card rainbow style over lapping slightly so they all blended into one another. I then used some black glossy card to make a card base and simply stuck the die to the front it fits perfectly leaving a tiny black border. Haven't added an insert but will use a silver pen to write my message  but you could add a paper insert if you wanted so you could use ordinary pen. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

Glitter and sparkle -bright colours

poppystamps challenge -rainbow wishes

scrappyland - anything goes

crafty creations -anything goes


the crafty addicts -summer colours

cards in envy - you're the man

use your stuff - warm summer colours






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card. The design and colors are spot on! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!
Ciao, Lisa

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!! I love this!I need to get this die on my wish list! Fabulous colors and awesome design!
Thanks so much for playing on the Scrapy Land challenge!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Jean said...

Oh yes definitely nice and bright, love it.
Thanks for joining us over at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
Jean xxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the bold and bright colors of your birthday card! Perfect for a guy! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Chris C said...

Super cool birthday card - love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

pam said...

Great card, love the bright colours and design.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps blog..
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

Brilliant to color up the die cut background panel! It looks wonderful!