Tuesday 4 July 2017

Frostyville 2 ways

I don't normally make Christmas cards in summer, to me it should be dark and dismal and cool when making Christmas cards but hey there have been a few of our summer days that have fir the bill and felt more like November than it did June over the last couple of weeks  so Christmas cards why not.
Most of my dies seem to be memory box and poppystamp dies (these companies just because that's what I've got but I'm sure other company dies also allow)and I found are ideal for quick and easy but fab cards for mass production.

I used white base cards and for both these examples and used the memory box frostyville border die cut in white card.

My first card I used 2 die cuts and turned my card landscape adding one die to the top and one die cut to the bottom edge of the  card. I finished this card with a Britannia die cut seasons greetings sentiment cut in red mirricard and its done. 



My second card again used the frostyville border but this time my base card is portrait and the border is attached at the fold. I again used the same Britania sentiment this time in green mirricard. 

I also used a bauble die not sure of its name will add when I get chance. I cut two ,one white and one red mirricard and inlaid one another and then added a spellbinders poinsettia cut in white with some liquid pearls for the centre.


Again quite simple and clean looking.

I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges;-

613 Ave create -anything goes optional twist monochrome
(well one fits the optional challenge)

My time to craft -Christmas in July

Christmas card challenge - anything Christmas or photo inspiration

Unicorn challenges -Christmas in July




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Julye, to fabulous Christmas cards. Love the frostyville border, looks wonderful.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

~ginny said...

Hey Julye! Definitely fits the Monochrome concept with your white on white. Makes a really pretty card! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn , Claire DT x