Sunday 13 August 2017

Sunset notes


Summertime brings the opportunity of witnessing beautiful sunrise and sunsets, I guess they happen in winter too but there's something special when it's warm especially if you are by the sea on holiday  .                                                                                                                                                                                      I have been experimenting with my distress inks and water using them as a water colour medium I guess  (inspired by a card I saw a while ago by Dave Tauber from outside the box blog).. I used 3 colours and put them on a silicon mat and spritzed them with water. I then used a brush and layered them on some water colour paper intermingling them at the joints. 

I cut a panel that was just short of half the width of my base card. I used the yellow on a die cut circle to create a sunshine and attached it to my evening sky.


I then added a white card die cut shorebirds and some small birds in flight from Memory box and poppystamps. I completed my card with a stamp from Uniko.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;- 

Stempelgarten - summertime

MAWTT - things that fly

Kitty bee -anything goes optional summer

Not just cards -anything goes

Crafty friends -anything goes







7 comments:

Wendy L said...

An amazing card, great job with the inks, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Julye,
what a very wonderful card and your inking is super.
Great design too.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous background and your colour combo is stunning

Thank you for joining us at MAWTT

June/DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Julye… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Cards by Beckie said...

A great card. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT. Beckie x

Claudia said...

Hi Julye, wow your "just a note" became very elegant. Love the shading and the white birds on it, just perfect.

Thank you very much for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.
Hugs
Kuni