Friday 5 January 2018

words of encouragement


I found some fab stamps by Sheena Douglas at Crafter's companion and just had to make something with them, we all know someone who sometimes needs a kick up the rear to get them motivated for something or just to show them that life is really not that bad and there is always a way to solve problems no matter how big they seem.

I decided to use this stamp first as especially with the dull winter weather it would be so easy to hibernate.

I stamped in versamrk ink and used violet obsidian moonglow embossing powder, it doesn't show very well on the photo but it looks black until it catches the light and then looks purple. I stamped on white card and once I'd embossed the words I used distress inks to create the soft background.

Once the ink had dried learning from my mistake as I tried the next bit before I'd left it long enough and covered the whole thing with the next embossing powder) I used a hero Arts dandelion stamp and stamped again in versamark ink and embossed with stardust embossing powder. It gave such a delicate effect that when I put it in the frame it wasn't really visible. I enhanced the dandelion clocks using  another distress ink this time winter spruce and not ever so accurately stamped over the embossed dandelion clocks. I really love how they turned out. 

The frame is one I have had for ages from IKEA, it was just plain wood but I used some glitter gel paint for glass to colour it just as an experiment and love the textured look it created with the sparkle too, I finished it with some butterflies I won from squirrels not so random challenge a wee while ago and I think they just add the finishing touch.


Not sure if to keep this myself or give as a gift , guess if I find a friend in need it might be just the thing to help them along to a brighter time.

I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:-

CASology - encourage


MAWTT - flowers

Country view - anything goes

QKR -anything goes



7 comments:

Wendy L said...

Super creation, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Natasha said...

Love it! Wise words and this is a great way to display them!

Jenny L said...

Hi Julye,
what a very lovely creation and the colours are so pretty.
Beautiful design too.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.DT

Sherri said...

Beautiful sentiment & gorgeous background! Love it framed as a reminder to keep on trying! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Deidre said...

Yes, yes, and yes! I love that sentiment :) Such a pretty background and color scheme. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Julie Odil said...

Love those words of encouragement! I agree whole heartedly! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

rachel said...

a wonderful sentiment - love this! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges this month and good luck!!! Hugs rachel xx